As an exchange student to Brazil (AFS, American Field Service), a Peace Corps Volunteer to Senegal, West Africa and an English Teacher in Hangzhou, China, Leslie brings an openness and curiosity of the human condition.
With a dual Masters in Theological Studies (Pastoral Care and Counseling) and Masters of Social Work, Leslie worked on the inpatient psychiatric unit of Montefiore Medical Center (Bronx, NY) and as an outpatient therapist at Hazelden, NY for 10 years. Her professional experiences led her to her own private practice where she interweaves and incorporates trauma modalities such as Codependency and Reparenting as well as EMDR to treat those with a spectrum of trauma.
- Headache/Migraine Treatment
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Addictions and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)
- Eye Movement Desensitize Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Masters Level Neuro Linguistics Practitioner (NLP)
- Internal Family Systems Training with Richard Schwartz (IFS)
- Post Induction Therapy (PIT), trauma work based on Pia Mellody
Photo credit: David Kaptein